We all like to think that we are very safe in our neighbourhood and that burglary is only something that we see on the TV however the statistics show that house thefts are happening all around us so make sure your home is safe today.
Did you know?:
- 65% of home burglaries happen between 6am and 6pm in broad daylight while you are at work.
- Burglars usually only spend between 8 – 12 minutes in your house, they can be in and out before anyone even notices so make sure you protect your home by reading our top tips below.
- After the front and back doors and windows are tried the next point of entry is usually the garage door. Your garage door spends a lot of time being open in the summer which ultimately shows off all of your belongings to passers-by – ensure you have a secure and strong garage door to prevent thefts.
What can I do to stop my house being burgled?
- First and foremost it is important to make sure all of the entries to your house are safe and secure including your doors windows and Garage Doors.
- If you are going away on holiday have a neighbour check by and open and close the curtains, collect the post from the front door and turn lights on off to give the impression someone is still there.
- Never leave your valuables in sight of passers-by. Do not have your 50 inch flat screen directly in front of the window or all of your jewellery lined up on the windowsill. Make sure that from the front of your house you cannot see too much of what’s inside.
- Install security lights which pick up any movement at night and illuminate the area in front of your house, this will scare any potential burglars away in case they are seen.
Get in touch today to find out about our safe and secure Garage Doors, we have a wide range of types and styles for you to choose from like the durable electric garage doors.